Many people don't know what platform shoes are or at least they don't know what they look like.
So, what do they look like? Obviously, platform shoes are shoes, as it says in the name. They are any type of shoe, sneaker, heel, boot, etc., except they have a platform, which is a raised level surface on which people or things can stand.
Personally I do wear platform shoes. I have been asked on multiple occasions, “How do you walk in those?” It’s quite simple. You walk like you would in any other shoe. It’s much easier to walk in platform sneakers or boots than it is platform heels. If you have ever walked in heels, you know that you walk the same as you normally would, just with more balance. The same goes for platform heels. Others have asked, “What is the point in the platform?” Some people wear shoes with platforms for fashion, others for height (to look taller), or just simply because they want to.
Cool facts you probably didn't know about platform shoes:
- Platform shoes were first worn by Greek actors
- Men were the first people to wear heels
- Platform shoes were first worn for fashion in the 14th century
- Wearing platform shoes used to be a way to show status
- Some platform shoes in the past had a sole of 30 inches
- Platform shoes were popular amongst teens in the 1970s