Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Ice Skating - Author: Harlow

Hello! Today I’m going to give you five reasons why I think ice skating is the best sport.
Reason 1: It’s fun to watch and do. Have you ever seen an ice skating competition on T.V.? I’ve seen a multitude of them, and I’m always hooked on every skater’s routine. It’s so cool to watch! Also, if you’ve ever been ice skating before, don’t you like the feeling of just gliding freely on the ice? (Well, once you get the hang of it, anyway.) To me, it’s the best feeling in the world, especially after a long school day.
Reason 2: It’s not a contact sport. I’m super bad at contact sports, such as basketball, soccer, and all of those. I’m always scared of getting hit with the ball, so instead of moving towards the ball when I get the chance, I run away from it! Silly, right? Well, in ice skating, you don’t have to worry about getting hit with a ball or most of the things you can get hurt from while playing contact sports. In fact, you can only get hurt if you fall down!
Reason 3: You have a built-in self defense weapon on your feet. Imagine if there was a criminal coming in to the rink? You can just untie your skates and cut them with your blade! Enemy down, just like that! Also, if someone was coming up behind you and you had your skates on or within reaching distance, just use your skate to stamp on their foot or cut them! They’ll let go from the pain, and you can run away!
Reason 4: You have many options about what type of figure skating you want to do. There are so many different choices! Singles, pairs, ice dancing, synchronized with a team… that’s four! Doesn’t seem like a lot, but when you go deeper into each choice you will find it hard to choose which to do. That or your decision of what you want to do will become clearer and clearer. It’s like trying to choose what you want for dinner!
Reason 5: Making goals in figure skating is easy. When I want to make one, I just think about a move that is hard for me to do (such as the axel or camel spin) and BAM! I have a goal made for myself! It’s as easy as pie.

Thanks for reading five reasons why I think figure skating is the best sport. This is Harlow, signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment